CTS1 Shoe plate seal, scissor type
The scissor based CTS1 shoe plate seal is an extremely reliable and gastight liquid mounted shoe plate seal to date. It meets all the requirements of the API 650 and API Chapter 19 – ‘Evaporative Loss Measurement’, Section 2 -‘Evaporative Loss from Floating-Roof Tanks’ (former API 2517 and 2519) and as well as all other international engineering, environmental and safety codes such as EN 14015, EEMUA 159, EPA, BREF Storage (IPPC 2006), PGS 29, VLAREM, TA Luft, ATEX and NFPA requirements.
Each individual shoe is suspended by 2 scissor hangers and compressed against the tank shell by 4 large leaf springs providing an uniform sealing force against the tank shell, connected to the rim by 2 universal rim brackets fitting any available rim bolt pattern, eliminating drilling or punching new rim bolt holes. The CTS1 scissor shoe plate seal will be designed and manufactured according to the floating roof configuration and the product stored, to ensure reliable and vapor tight service for decades to come.
Features CTS1 scissor type shoe plate seal:
- Meets all modern environmental regulations
- Available with wax scrapers
- Suitable for all Hydrocarbons and Chemicals
- Excellent sealing characteristics (>99% emission reduction)
- Very economic design
- Maintenance free, long service life and fire retardant
- Short installation time compared to conventional shoe plate seal designs
- Rim gap variation 3”-14” possible, rims of above 15” can be bridged with minor changes in the seal design.